Monday, November 21, 2011

I AM A 21st CENTURY LEARNER!

     In watching the videos regarding  21st Century Teachers, I am reminded that my career as a teacher will  never grow stagnant! To teach students to be life- long learners, I too must continue to be a life- long learner. As an effective teacher for the 21st century, I must continuously adapt and evolve to the ever changing world in which I live and that my students are growing up in. When I adapt and change to new technologies, I am able to teach my students in a "language" they understand. This "language" may include using a blog to analyze literature, conducting surveys by test messages, or even by having the students develop a video to show real math situations.

     When we as teachers compromise and do not allow ourselves to become fearful of new ways to teach, we have the ability to "unleash the powers that students bring with them into the classroom." With the use of technology and the realization that we are life- long learners, teachers have the ability to meet the different learning styles presented by their students by speaking a "language"  in which they can relate to.We also have the ability to reach more students by giving them the opportunity to engage in their own learning process.

1 comment:

  1. One thing I worry about in becoming a teacher is being able to come up with fun new ways to engage students through technology. I feel like most younger people today know way more about all this 21st century technology, even my little brother who's only eight! I like how you said to teach is to be a life-long learner. That is so true! We must constantly be on our toes and keep up with this fast paced world around us.

    ReplyDelete